How to install and launch Blender

HI,
I installed Blender from yast and also tried with:

zypper addrepo https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/openSUSE:Factory/standard/openSUSE:Factory.repo
zypper refresh
zypper install blender

but after installation the software does not start.
How to do?

How do you start blender? Terminal output?

sao@OpenSuse:~> blender
EGL Error (0x3009): EGL_BAD_MATCH: Arguments are inconsistent (for example, a valid context requires buffers not supplied by a valid surface).
EGL Error (0x3009): EGL_BAD_MATCH: Arguments are inconsistent (for example, a valid context requires buffers not supplied by a valid surface).
Warning: No OpenGL vendor detected.
blender: …/src/dispatch_common.c:872: epoxy_get_proc_address: Assertion `0 && “Couldn’t find current GLX or EGL context.\n”’ failed.
Annullato (core dump creato)

I interpret this as that you used zypper (and NOT YaST) to install the blender package from the Factory repo.

Why not using the package from the standard Tumbleweed OSS repo?

I also tried standard OSS Tumbleweed, but it won’t start.

I can understand why you tried the Factory one to see if that worked better. But the official package still would be the better one to concentrate on. E.g. you could create a bug report for the OSS supported one, but I doubt about the Factory one in test.

It looks like your hardware does not fullfill the base requirements for blender.

2 Likes

You are right. My hardware does not meet the basic requirements for the blender.

@hui thankyou.

Possibly Blender can work with llvmpipe (software emulation). But it is beter to use hardware acceleration.
BTW, Blender from tar from Blender website works OK.

Blender does not support this configuration. See upstream bugreports yourself…

For you and your hardware. The TOs setup is not supported.

1 Like