Help!!!!The installing problem

无法从URL’iso:/?iso=suselinux.iso&url=hd:///?device=/dev/sda6&filesystem=auto’ 创建安装源

Failed to mount /mounts/mp_1002 on /var/adm/mount/ap_ox00000001:mounting media failed(mount:special device /mounts/mp_1002 dose not exit)

Please Hlep me!!!

shizenghua,

Could you please provide a bit more detail, how far into the install do you
get before this error shows?

If this show during the online update, try skiping the update during the
install, and do that after the install instead.

Niclas Ekstedt, CNA/CNE/CNS/CLS
Systems Engineer/NSC Sysop
Telindus Sweden AB

I have the same problem, need help!

The ISO with DVD-image lies on the main ntfs-section. I load it through grub4dos.
In section “System Analysis” the installer in a part “Load kernel modules for hard disk controllers” speaks what he found “USB Storage” and suggests to instal usb_storage. Then reaches to “Initialize package manager” and produces an error like shizenghua say.

I thought that iso-image have incorrect md5sum, but check has shown that it’s ok. Later I have tried to install it on “Sun vXM VirtualBox” and there was no problem! Even did’nt ask about “USB storage”…

EnumaElis,

>
> I have the same problem, need help!
>
> The ISO with DVD-image lies on the main ntfs-section. I load it through
> grub4dos.

Sorry I’m not familiar with this. Anyway you can retry the install using a
burned DVD?

Telindus Sweden AB

Well, I found what’s wrong… Just do not change default language (I trying “Russian” everytime and got this errors). Keep it in “English”.
Seems this error comes because all other language repository of packages have a places in other ISO-image (openSUSE-11.0-Addon-Lang-i386) and installator can’t find it.

Anyway, this installator not so user-friendly as it seems. I have a lot problems with bootloader… he makes /dev/sda3 (where have been installed OpenSuse) “active” and put himself on this disk. I cure it, when place GRUB in MBR and make back “active” my first disk /dev/sda1 (with installed WinXP).

EnumaElis,

>
> Well, I found what’s wrong… Just do not change default language (I
> trying “Russian” everytime and got this errors). Keep it in “English”.
> Seems this error comes because all other language repository of
> packages have a places in other ISO-image
> (openSUSE-11.0-Addon-Lang-i386) and installator can’t find it.

Ah yes, I can see that causing a problem :slight_smile:
Glad you got it resolved.

Telindus Sweden AB