Hard freezes

I’m on Tumbleweed x64 with Cinnamon, Intel HD Graphics 520 (GT2 Skylake, driver i915), all newest updates. I get hard system freezes, ctrl-alt-del/backspace does not work, caps lock not responding. No error messages, screen freezes and it’s necessary to hold power button and restart. It’s a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon Generation 4 (2016). My empirical evidence is that it happens under load, though I’m unsure if it’s GPU or CPU load that’s causing the problem. Windows 10 is running smoothly; not experiencing any crashes there. I’m unsure how to start diagnosing and fixing.

Here is the output from YAST Hardware Info, let me know any other info you’ll need.

Try this

Hello i have a laptop with intel 2gen HD3000, and the bug/glitch/error is not external graphics cards is the it-self dedicated card and the solution that i find was this
[INDENT]

1. Go /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/

2. Create 20-intel.conf

3. Put:

Section “Device”[INDENT] Identifier “Intel”
    Driver “modesetting”
    Option “AccelMethod” “glamor”
    Option “Backlight” “intel_backlight”

EndSection

i dont know why the ppl of kde fix a bug to enter to other, because in the 5.8 early versions, this error not exist and the 5.7 neither have this error, i am using leap 42.2 KDE 5.8.x, other solution i try and work too is change opengl [FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]V.[/FONT]2.x to opengl V. 3.x[/FONT]

[/INDENT]
[/INDENT]