Gnome panel fonts

I’m trying to customise my panel font to be different from the one set in Appearance/Fonts/Applications. I’d like a bold font for the Gnome panel but don’t want that in the various places where the applications font is used (Evolution for example). Tried gconf but the effect is the same as going through Appearance. Does anyone know if this can be done, and if so, how?

Gnome Color Chooser will let you do this and much more. I wish Opensuse would put this in their repos.

GNOME Color Chooser - Official Website | Home

67GTA wrote:

> Gnome Color Chooser will let you do this and much more. I wish Opensuse
> would put this in their repos.

http://software.opensuse.org/search?baseproject=openSUSE%3A11.1&p=1&q=gnome-color-chooser

Chris Maaskant

Awesome! No need to install it from source. I am impressed at how much the Opensuse software selection has grown since the build service was introduced.

67GTA wrote:

> I am impressed at how much
> the Opensuse software selection has grown since the build service was
> introduced.

Yeah me too.
I haven’t found software that i need that isn’t in one of the repo’s.

Just be carefull with one click install, before you know it you’ll have a
shitload of repo’s with all kinds of software that replaces default
supported software.
Take care of repo priority’s also.

Chris Maaskant

I got into trouble with the opensuse and packman repos with 10.3. I tried 11.0 when they added the repo priority feature, and it solved that problem. I am using Ubuntu right now, but am planning to move back to Opensuse when 11.2 goes final. With repo priority and now zypper package cache, there is no reason to stay with Ubuntu. Now if someone could only make an aptoncd equivalent for zypper, Opensuse would be the best distro of all.

I will have to try the 11.2 live CD to be sure, but I think if zypper is caching packages, then we should be able to use the add-on media creator in Yast to make a copy of installed packages for use on another computer just like aptoncd.

Creating Add-On Media with YaST - Developer Community

That worked like a charm. I installed a couple of packages using the live cd. Then used the add-on products module in Yast to make the cache folder a repository. Someone needs to make a how to about this:)