Full system crash when playing games?

Having full system crash when playing particularly GPU demanding games. There seems to be a loose pattern to the crashing.

Host: HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-dk0xxx
Kernel: 5.15.12-1-default
Shell: bash 5.1.12
Resolution: 1920x1080
[FONT=monospace]DE: Plasma 5.23.4
[FONT=monospace]WM: KWin
[FONT=monospace]CPU: Intel i7-9750H (12) @ 4.500GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Mobile / Max-Q (proprietary drivers 470.xx)
[FONT=monospace][FONT=monospace][FONT=monospace][FONT=monospace]GPU[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]: Intel CoffeeLake-H GT2 [UHD Graphics 630]

I’ve tried everything I know, and can try from the Arch Wiki. There are no logs that denote a crash at all. Just a system freeze.
Turning on the compositor can delay the crashes but has bad game performance. Turning off the compositor crashes the system quicker but has better performance. Happens to Vulkan games more frequently. What can I do?
[/FONT][/FONT]

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

Hi and welcome to the Forum :slight_smile:
Likely using the Intel GPU? Question is, will offload work or do you need to use suse-prime.

Can you post the output from;

xrandr --listproviders

Could also be a wayland issue…? (Not a Plasma user).

Turns out it’s a bug in the kernel since 5.11 and related to Async flipping. Sorry to bother you.

Hi
No bother at all, thanks for reporting back :slight_smile:

Thanks for your marvelous posting! I definitely enjoyed reading it, you will be a great author.I will be sure to bookmark your blog and will often come back sometime soon. I want to encourage one to continue your great job, have a nice morning! My blogs Magelang1337