Freeze laptop

lately opensuse returns to lock up often. I can’t understand the problem. in the beginning it stopped when I used chrome or graphics programs. Yesterday a couple of times even with the console. The cooling fan stops and you feel the fan start, always.
the laptop hangs completely. kde opensuse tumbleweed latest version.
how can I access the pc while it is in this state to understand which service is blocked?

Try booting the previous kernel (should be a boot option for the grub menu). Does it still freeze?

Yes, with the previous kernel freeze, but not frequently.

I’ve try

sudo journalctl -xef

first time

dbus-daemon[1389]: [system] Activation via systemd: service name=‘org.freedesktop.resolve1’ unit=‘dbus-org.freedesktop.resolve1.service’ by ‘:1.8’ (uid=0 pid=1582 conn="/usr/sbin/NetworkManager --no-daemon ")
dbus-daemon[1389]: [system] Activation via systemd failed for unit ‘dbus-org.freedesktop.resolve1.service’: Unit dbus-org.freedesktop.resolve1.service not found

second time

dbus-daemon[1420]: [system] Activation via systemd: service name=‘org.freedesktop.resolve1’ unit=‘dbus-org.freedesktop.resolve1.service’ by ‘:1.7’ (uid=0 pid=1576 conn="/usr/sbin/NetworkManager --no-daemon ")
dbus-daemon[1420]: [system] Activation via systemd failed for unit ‘dbus-org.freedesktop.resolve1.service’: Unit dbus-org.freedesktop.resolve1.service not found

what can it be?

If I start the “systemd-resolves” service I don’t see this error, but the problem not solved. I thik that is Nvidia driver the problem

every start, after about 60 seconds, everything stops, completely frozen, you only hear the fan that increases the speed. Even if I don’t perform operations, it freezes.

Have you installed bumblebee or primus?? This appears to be an Optimus style laptop.

High fan usage may indicate a thermal problem and if temp exceeds some set value it may shut down processor.

I’ve installed primus, beacuse bumblebee not work

I have had this same problem with my desktop. I have a thread on the lockup after idle. I believe the problem was baloo taking up to 100% of the cpu and always over 85%. It got hung up trying to index stdoutdae.txt and never finished indexing. It was very difficult to shut baloo off, but so far, the hang up has not repeated since I was successful in shutting down baloo. Run top and see if baloo is misbehaving for you.

baloo_file is always at the top, it uses about 1 GB of RAM, but I have 16 GB. But when the laptop crashed, baloo_file wasn’t at the top.

I think my problem is due to the nVidia driver + HDMI port because I always use the external screen.

I’ve formatted my laptop and change openSUSE TUMBLEWEED with Leap 15.1 and I’ve solve all problem.

The nVidia driver are not behind the TW version