free TV with zattoo

Hi,
on XP zatto is a free super TV Streaming Player. Now they have a linux version. Who has the steps to install this on OpenSuse 11.1 KDE4? (Step-by-Step)

Thanks!

wzeller wrote:

>
> Hi,
> on XP zatto is a free super TV Streaming Player. Now they have a linux
> version. Who has the steps to install this on OpenSuse 11.1 KDE4?
> (Step-by-Step)
>
> Thanks!
>
>

I just tried the rpm install and when it came to d/load with FF and chose to open with installer and not the save option, when it d/loaded KDE asked for root pass and proceeded to install.

I then looked in the multimedia>tv menu and there was an icon for the app there, I then started the app and created an account with e-mail and password and hey presto after login in it came up with a select on of channels so I chose BBC1 and it started playing but without any sound ( this maybe my setup though ) I did get a warning that the flash player was not installed but I ignored this and it did play reasonably well.

Have not looked into this much more as I already have a laptop streaming DVB on my lan so do not require another external one :slight_smile:

HTH

Mark…

Nil illegitimi carborundum

Hello baskitcaise,

I have the same problem (opensuse 11.1, KDE4.2). Zattoo is working, but I do not get sound :-(.
Did you solve the problem?

Greetings

Michael

I “solved” the problem. You have to reboot the system once ;). Afterwards, everything is fine.

Greetings

Michael

Hi, finally zattoo sound works on openSUSE 11.1 64bit! I installed zattoo weeks ago but never had sound. Today I found this: Zattoo unter openSUSE 10.2 64-Bit | Marix World. I only had to install 32bit faad2 and now it works. Great!