folders name appear ?????

hi all
Iam using suse10.1 but my arabic names for folders appears like ???
what could Ido to make it appear correctly plz

Hello,

Maybe you could explain a bit more on your language setup.

From what you say I come to the conclusion that your environment is not setup to use a language that uses Latin characters but one that uses Arabic characters, but your directory/filenames nevertheless show wrong.

Or is that you use Latin characters, but do have some fiilenames in Arabic that are shown wrong. In the later case maybe you have to install support for that language. Try YaST > Software > Software Management and try to find the language via the search field/button. Install when found.

I hope this helps.

thanks alot for your passing.
You are right in the firt explain Iam using windows on my machine and arabic name for the folders appear like ??? and I want to make it appear arabic

note: may be this explain the prob.
#vi /etc/fstab
/dev/hda2 / ext3 acl,user_xattr 1 1
/dev/hda3 swap swap defaults 0 0
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs noauto 0 0
debugfs /sys/kernel/debug debugfs noauto 0 0
usbfs /proc/bus/usb usbfs noauto 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts mode=0620,gid=5 0 0
/dev/fd0 /media/floppy auto noauto,user,sync 0 0
/dev/hda1 /mnt/c vfat defaults 0 0
/dev/hda5 /mnt/d vfat defaults 0 0
/dev/hda6 /mnt/e vfat defaults 0 0
/dev/hda7 /mnt/f vfat defaults 0 0

Do I understand that the filesystems that are mounted on /mnt/a, … are originaly created under an MS Windows OS in an Arabic environment? And now you want to see them properly iin openSUSE?

Apart from the fact that you of course must have Arabic installed on openSUSE I cannot help you I am afraid, because I have no MS Windows knowledge. Maybe other people can jump in here, now your problem is more clearly defined.