Firefox address bar suggestions clogged by openSUSE links

Created a new Firefox profile not too long ago, and after copying over things like places.sqlite, etc, I noticed the following:
suggestions

The default suggestions when you click the address bar are supposed to be frequently visited sites, and I’ve found it quite useful, but all but two suggestion spaces are occupied by openSUSE related links which I don’t frequent and can’t remove (from shift+del, to nonexistent x to the right of them, and nonexistent bookmarks).

Is there a way to remove them?

Simply enter the Firefox settings → search- adressbar → uncheck shortcuts…

1 Like

Should have mentioned I’ve tried that too, but this removes all suggestions when I click the address bar.

When you have everything checked except shortcuts, you still have search suggestions…
To have search suggestion, you need to type at least one char into the adress bar…
Screenshot_20240427_190841

The example I posted was me clicking the address bar, and nothing else. If I disable “Shortcuts” nothing will show up. This is why I’d like to remove those links which weren’t present in my previous profile.

If you do not want to type at least one single char, you need to uninstall MozillaFirefox-branding-openSUSE then…

1 Like

I suspect that’s it. Inspected the package a bit and found among other things browser.newtabpage.pinned in about:config. After clearing that and restarting the browser, the behavior is as expected. Thanks!

This happens because they are pinned in the new tab.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.