F-Spot crashes on start under KDE (but not Gnome) after updating to SUSE 11.4

Hi,

I have just upgraded my machine from Suse 11.3 to 11.4. Everything went very smoothly and seems to work well with one exception. F-Spot crashes on start when using KDE but works when I log in using Gnome. Since I have been using KDE and F-Spot for many years I would like to resolve this problem. I upgraded our laptop a month ago and F-Spot works with KDE without any problem on this machine. (The laptop is 32 bit and the main machine is 64 bit, if this is of interest.)

This is the response when I tried to run F-Spot from the console:

~> f-spot
[Info 11:43:58.625] Initializing Mono.Addins
Exception in Gtk# callback delegate
Note: Applications can use GLib.ExceptionManager.UnhandledException to handle the exception.
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at FSpot.Core.Tag.get_SizedIcon () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at FSpot.TagSelectionWidget.IconDataFunc (Gtk.TreeViewColumn column, Gtk.CellRenderer renderer, TreeModel model, TreeIter iter) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at GtkSharp.TreeCellDataFuncWrapper.NativeCallback (IntPtr tree_column, IntPtr cell, IntPtr tree_model, IntPtr iter, IntPtr data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at GLib.ExceptionManager.RaiseUnhandledException(System.Exception e, Boolean is_terminal)
at GtkSharp.TreeCellDataFuncWrapper.NativeCallback(IntPtr tree_column, IntPtr cell, IntPtr tree_model, IntPtr iter, IntPtr data)
at Gtk.Application.gtk_main()
at Gtk.Application.Run()
at FSpot.Driver.Startup()
at Hyena.Gui.CleanRoomStartup.Startup(Hyena.Gui.StartupInvocationHandler startup)
at FSpot.Driver.Main(System.String] args)

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Schrod

In the new version of KDE the Gnome applications are better integrated, that means they have classic KDE-like look. Maybe if you disable the oxygen-gtk theme (I think) in System settings under Application appearance > GTK (I’m not currently at my computer so I don’t know exactly) the Fspot will run.

Thanks very much for this suggestion - I now have F-Spot back again under KDE :slight_smile:

Regards

Schrod