Evolution does not display my e-mail messages

For some reason, I had a problem with my OpenSUSE with Tumbleweed repository enabled that required me to do a hard power off of my ASUS N61JV-X2 notebook PC. I had Evolution running at the time. When I did a cold boot of my laptop and I ran Evolution again, it does not display my e-mail messages anymore. In fact, I had to install Mozilla Thunderbird with the Enigmail extension so that I can read and write e-mail messages.

How do I fix Evolution so that it will retrieve and display my e-mail messages and I can write new ones using this software package?

Thank you for help.

What were you doing that caused you to power off the machine? If you were updating the system, Evolution may not be the only thing that’s broken.

If you have a backup of your Evolution settings, you should be able to restore this to get your email back. If not, check your accounts in the preferences and try to restore any missing accounts there.

And to help chief_sealth and other readers: what distro are you running, openSUSE 11.3 or 11.4 or Tumbleweed?

I am using OpenSUSE with Tumbleweed and the Packman all of Tumbleweed repositories.

Nothing else on my system is broken. I checked over this weekend.

I went into my preferences and I looked at my mail account. It is configured correctly. I still cannot view my e-mail messages.

It is my Google GMail account. I do not even see the folder for my account anymore.

What should I do to solve this problem?

On 2011-04-11 14:06, swerdna wrote:
>
> And to help chief_sealth and other readers: what distro are you running,
> openSUSE 11.3 or 11.4 or Tumbleweed?

The moment he has T enabled, it is T.

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 “Emerald” at Telcontar)

I get this error message when I try to read my Google GMail e-mail messages within Evolution:

Error while Opening store ‘imap://wellywu%40gmail.com@imap.gmail.com/;filter_junk_inbox;command=ssh%20-C%20-l%20%25u%20%25h%20exec%20/usr/sbin/imapd;use_ssl=always;filter_junk’.

database disk image is malformed

How do I solve this problem?

Hi
Have a look at this blog;
Evolution unable to generate folder list « Aslak Johansen’s Weblog

Thanks for the help so far.

I typed in cd ~/.evolution/mail, but it says that no such directory of file exists. So, I am stuck with the same problem.

I also installed Google Desktop search and I searched for folders.db, but I found nothing on my Intel SSD.

What do I need to do to solve this problem?

Where is my ~/.evolution/mail directory after all?

Hi
Use ~/.local/share/evolution

Hi. I followed the directions and it still does not work for me. I cannot retrieve my Google GMail e-mail messages or write new ones within Evolution.

Should I reboot my notebook PC to see if it works?

I have not tried that yet after inputting the code per the directions on the web page that you provided.

Thanks for your help so far though.

Anyone else care to help?

On 04/11/2011 11:06 PM, wellywu wrote:
>
> What do I need to do to solve this problem?

a good way to start is by posting ALL your problems in the Tumbleweed
forum <http://tinyurl.com/3ljwanm> or the Factory mailing list
<opensuse-factory@opensuse.org>

CAVEAT: http://is.gd/bpoMD
[NNTP via openSUSE 11.3 + KDE4.5.5 + Thunderbird3.1.8]
Maybe the developers are not here because they are so busy fixing these>
http://tinyurl.com/392jnb