Dynamic executable

I installed the program Djl on OpenSuse 11.4 M 6 Kde but I note that some games do not start with the following message: “Error: not a dynamic executable”.
DJL work properly on OpenSuse 11.3.
How can I fix it?
Thanks
john

I installed the program Djl on OpenSuse 11.4 M 6 Kde but I note that some games do not start with the following message: “Error: not a dynamic executable”.
DJL work properly on OpenSuse 11.3.
How can I fix it?
Thanks
john
So openSUSE 11.4 is pre-release and so problems are normal. Might you specify which games provide this error so that we might not need to run everyone to find which one has an issue?

Thank You,

From where, and how did you install them?

I do not think this is an openSuse problem. According to djl-linux.org the DJL framework requires python-2.5. OpenSuSE-11.3 has python-2.6, and 11.4 python-2.7. There does not seem to have been any development of DJL for over a year. If there is ongoing work it may well be preparing for a switch to python-3.1.

There are two possibilities. One is compiling python-2.5 or 2.6 to reside in /opt/python and change the DJL start script to use that version. This might also be useful for other software that requires older versions of python. The second would be to convert DJL from python-2.5 to 2.7. Python-2.7 is expected to be on “long-term maintenance”.

Thank you for your attention.

I installed version 1.2.20 from DJL djl

Games:

Freetennis OK
Automanic and Virtual Jay Peak Error

John