DVB-T on X86_64

I have opensuse 11.0 X86_64 running on a laptop. and I am trying tp get a Freecom USB DVB-T rev3 tuner to work with it. I have been following instructions from the v4l wiki.

I put this
http://home.arcor.de/efocht/dvb-usb-wt220u-fc03.fw
here
/lib/firmware/
Though i note that I have other fw there too.

with “lsusb” i get
Bus 003 Device 005: ID 14aa:0226 AVerMedia (again) or C&E

with “dmesg | grep dvb” i get
dvb-usb: found a ‘WideView WT-220U PenType Receiver (Typhoon/Freecom)’ in cold state, will try to load a firmware
dvb-usb: downloading firmware from file ‘dvb-usb-wt220u-fc03.fw’
usbcore: registered new interface driver dvb_usb_dtt200u
dvb-usb: generic DVB-USB module successfully deinitialized and disconnected.
dvb-usb: found a ‘WideView WT-220U PenType Receiver (Typhoon/Freecom)’ in warm state.
dvb-usb: will use the device’s hardware PID filter (table count: 15).
dvb-usb: schedule remote query interval to 300 msecs.
dvb-usb: WideView WT-220U PenType Receiver (Typhoon/Freecom) successfully initialized and connected.
dvb-usb: found a ‘WideView WT-220U PenType Receiver (Typhoon/Freecom)’ in warm state.
dvb-usb: will use the device’s hardware PID filter (table count: 15).
dvb-usb: schedule remote query interval to 300 msecs.
dvb-usb: WideView WT-220U PenType Receiver (Typhoon/Freecom) successfully initialized and connected.
dvb-usb: recv bulk message failed: -110

which does not look good. finally, with
“dvbscan -uk-ordering /usr/share/dvb/dvb-t/uk-Oxford”
I think I got an error message about a frontend, but now it seems to do nothing (and dvbscan does not return).

Needless to say, I am new to linux, so please explain slowly!

not sure if this is the correct forum, I won’t know if the problem is 64-bit related until I have the answer.

Can’t you just configure it with Yast by going to Hardware – > TV Card?

I have spent many hours trying that too. There is no Freecom hardware listed. As lsusb seems to suggest it has Avermedia hardware internally, I have tried a few of those. The Yast process seems happy to continue when you choose entirely the wrong hardware. I am not sure what success is supposed to look like in Yast. I have been picking random Avermedia products in Yast and then trying kdetv. The Channel wizard is kdetv has grey next buttons, which i take to mean it does not see any TV tuning hardware.

So, I have been using console apps, at there is some guidance on the web on what to do.

I would, of course be happy to use Yast too, if it were obvious what to do.

It does not look like anyone here is able to help me with this. Is there somewhere else I could get some assistance?