Downloading and CD/DVD burning of music

I am a contented user of openSUSE 12.2 and KDE. Now I would like to start downloading music - from Youtube? - and burn to CD or DVD, for playing on the blue ray connected to my sound bar.

Perhaps, you could give me some advice. Thank you and best regards,
pe1800

I suggest you make sure to addin the Packman Repository and install Clipgrab for Video Capture and update k3b from Packman for use to burn DVD’s. Blue-Ray data disks are supported but not native Blue-Ray movies. My PulseAudio Blog shows what Clipgrab looks like.

PulseAudio and Selecting the Proper Sound Card Configuration - Blogs - openSUSE Forums

Thank You,

Thank you, will try to do that.

Thank you. I added the Packman repository and installed Clipgrab, but when I opened it, a web page came up saying “you have installed an outdated version which may not work”.

Yes, the present version no longer works. I downloaded the executable version from the web site, but after downloading some required files, it did not work either. I will see if a request to Packman might help.

Thank You,

OK I did get it to work. Here is what I did:

1. Download Clipgrab version 3.3.0.1: http://download.clipgrab.de/clipgrab-3.3.0.1.bz2
  2. Using ARK, I extracted the executable file clipgrab-3.3.0.1 and renamed it to just clipgrab and set it as executable using Dolphin File Properties
  3. I opened up YaST / Software Managment
  4. I searched for and installed the applications; libQtWebKit-devel, libQtWebKit-32bit and mono-qt4-devel (This will install MANY files)
  5. You must have installed the older version of clipgrab. Copy the executable clipgrab from step 2 to the folder /usr/bin/clipgrab as root.
  6. Restart your PC.

This worked for me if you can’t wait for an update in Packman.

Thank You,

Thank you. I will try that.

This procedure loads lots of files not required before, but works just fine. No idea when an update to Clipgrab in Packman will happen. Good Luck…

Thank You,