Dolphin with Git integration not working

I am running OS 13.2 with KDE. I install the “dolphin-plugins” package, start Dolphin, then Settings | Configure Dolphin…, click Services, and check the Git service., then click OK. I close Dolphin and start it again. When I go to a directory that is a Git repository and right-click to bring up the Contect Menu there is no mention of Git functionality there. The directory naturally has a .git sub-directory.

I use TortoiseGit under Windows on the same Git repository, and TortoiseGit recognizes the directory as a Git repository and provides its context menu functionality. While I didn’t expect to see the sort of extensive functionality with Git using Dolphin that I get with TortoiseGit under Windows, I was hoping to see something.

What might be wrong that the Git integrated functionality in Dolphin is not working ?

I am using Dolphin version 15.0.4.0 on OS 13.2.

Seems to work fine here.
When I enable the GIT plugin and enter a folder containing a git checkout, additional menu items appear in the right-click context menu.

Right-clicking on a file gives an additional “Git Add” and “Git Remove”, clicking on an empty place gives “Git Checkout”, “Git Commit”, “Git Create Tag”, “Git Push”, and “Git Pull”. Also the files/directories have additional “emblems”, and modified files are displayed in green.

Do you have git installed?

Git is installed. I do not know why no git context menu items appear. The git repository contains git submodules, but neither in the superproject’s directory nor in any of the submodule directories do I see anything. I will try with a simpler local git repository but I have the feeling that something is missing in my OS 13.2 installation which is needed to have Dolphin/git integration actually working.

I have asked about this in the KDE online forums and hopefully someone can help me there. Thanks for your help !