Distorted Images

Hi Everyone! I hope you are all having a great hot summer out there.

Issue:
I’m running into a small issue where a small number of applications installed at the host level via zipper (note that this does not affect flatpack, app image, etc. applications) are showing distorted image previews.

For example, Spectacle shows a distorted preview of a screenshot, but it saves the images, and I can view images or even see the full image if I drag it from the preview to any folder on the system.

System Settings: In the user module, the user preview icon for the avatar shows distorted.

Other examples: Retroarch shows distorted icons.

System Information:
Kernel: x86_64 Linux 6.9.5-1-default
Uptime: 58m
Packages: 4204
Shell: bash 5.2.26
Disk: 11T / 24T (42%)
CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 16x 5GHz [43.0°C]
GPU: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Navi 32 [Radeon RX 7700 XT / 7800 XT] (rev c8)
RAM: 9420MiB / 32008MiB

Troubleshooting:
I’ve launched Spectacle and Retroarch from a shell or terminal, and no error outputs are shown.

Expected Behavior:
Previews and icons inside of applications should be shown correctly.

Let me know if there are specific steps and outputs that I would need to share either from lsof -P -t -p, ldd or objdump (which I’ve tried and could not find any pointers, but happy to share nevertheless) and/or any other methods of troubleshooting. Hopefully, someone with experience in this issue can bring this to light.

Thanks in advance!

There are already several threads regarding this topic. Switch packages back to the openSUSE repo and update to the openSUSE Mesa packages…

Hi @hui
Thank you for replying. Can you provide links to these threads for informational - educational purposes? Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you! I was not aware of this being a widespread issue.
I recently installed Autodesk Maya 2024 and added some libraries and/or symlinks, and I thought this could be related to it.

That’s why I was targeting libraries in the first place. I hope this post clarifies this for anyone who runs into this issue and is worried this might be related to them adding or symlinking libraries to get Maya working.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.