Dell 725 printer drivers

I have recently obtained a dell 725 printer but it the drivers do not seem to be available when I try to configure it. Any ideas on how I can get it to work?

After doing some looking it would seem that the dell 725 printer is not supported by Linux. A search on their website just brought up Windows drivers and the printer does not seem to be in any Linux support listing. Considering how cheap printers are these days, I would just buy an HP model as the hplib module comes installed into openSUSE by default. However, I did find the following unsubstantiated information that you can try.

I’m trying to configure a “Dell 725” printer, which I’ve read is a “Lexmark z615 or maybe a z55” re-branded by Dell. Has anyone tried these?

Remember that it is up to the hardware manufacturer to provide support for a device in Linux. Send any complaints about this issue to Dell, not here.

Thank You,

Probably nothing you can do. Dell have very poor Linux support
Check here: Printer List | OpenPrinting - The Linux Foundation

Some Dell printers work with Lexmark. So if you can establish any comparison between your printer and a Lexmark, you might be in luck

I found this link on the Internet that may help you to get your printer working :slight_smile:

[ubuntu] Dell 725 Printer, No driver available - What are my options? - Ubuntu Forums](http://www.uluga.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1236731)

I hope that this works out for you!!!

Cheers!
etech97