Compiling glabel

I have been using glabel for creating labels for CD/DVD. It is available in YAST, but the download for me has some graphics problems, making it unusable. I therefore thought that it maybe a good idea to compile it from source (my first time to do this!)

I have checked that all the system requirements listed in the readme are present.

The configure command finds the following errors:

checking for GLABELS… configure: error: Package requirements (glib-2.0 >= 2.12.0 gtk±2.0 >= 2.10.0 libgnome-2.0 >= 2.16.0 libgnomeui-2.0 >= 2.16.0 libxml-2.0 >= 2.6.0 libglade-2.0 >= 2.6.0 ) were not met:

No package ‘glib-2.0’ found
No package ‘gtk±2.0’ found
No package ‘libgnome-2.0’ found
No package ‘libgnomeui-2.0’ found
No package ‘libxml-2.0’ found
No package ‘libglade-2.0’ found

I need to let it know where these packages are and this involves the pkg-config but after playing with it I am now lost.

Could anyone give me a clue?

When you checked in yast > software did you see all the packages in the list marked not found?
If so you probably need the devel versions as well

/Geoff

Thanks very much - I loaded the devel versions and then config and make worked without any errors.

However make install didn’t finish - had errors:

mkdir -p – /usr/local/share/omf/glabels
for file in glabels-C.omf; do
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 $file.out /usr/local/share/omf/glabels/$file;
done
/usr/bin/install: cannot stat glabels-C.omf.out': No such file or directory make[4]: *** [install-data-hook-omf] Error 1 make[4]: Leaving directory /home/dick/build/glabels-2.2.4/help/C’
make[3]: *** [install-data-am] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory /home/dick/build/glabels-2.2.4/help/C' make[2]: *** [install-am] Error 2 make[2]: Leaving directory /home/dick/build/glabels-2.2.4/help/C’
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/dick/build/glabels-2.2.4/help’
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

Do you have any more good clues?

Sorry no more clues. But you might get more info if there was an error log

/Geoff