Colourful bash

So I’ve just installed 13.1 after a loooong time away from anything suse based. And I was wondering if there was a simple way to make bash more colourful, much like the various flavours of Ubuntu do?

The last thing I want is to start having to craft my own bash config if a simple and quick option exists.

I don’t think there’s a simple option. You may want to copy the .bashrc from Ubuntu (or take a look at https://gist.github.com/marioBonales/1637696). You’ll probably have to modify it a little bit, but it should give you the color scheme you are looking for.

You need to look at any of my bash scripts where they ALL include color:

To view Log Files: S.L.A.V.E. - SuSE Logfile Automated Viewer Engine - Version 2.50 - Blogs - openSUSE Forums

To work with Grub 2: GNU Grub2 Command Listing Helper with --help & Input - Blogs - openSUSE Forums

To work with Zypper: Zypper Command - Zypper Package Management Menu System - Version 2.00 - Blogs - openSUSE Forums

To work with systemd: SysdCmd - systemd Command Help/Config Editor - Blogs - openSUSE Forums

To write bash scripts: N.S.F. - New Script File, Bash Script File Header Creator - Version 2.6 - Blogs - openSUSE Forums

To Edit System Files: SYSEdit - System File Editor - Version 1.50 - Blogs - openSUSE Forums

Thank You,

Not that hard, really. This is pretty concise: Tip: Prompt magic

HTH

This link is for setting the bash prompt color, while my bash scripts use color for all display functions. Each bash script is an example of how it can be done.

Thank You,