Color Calibration in KDE

Hi,
is there a way to do color calibration in KDE?
I can only find the Gamma Tool in System Settings - Display and Monitor but I wouldn’t know how to properly calibrate a display with that.
I’m doing photography and am using a Spyder5 calibrator.

Thanks

Operating System: openSUSE Tumbleweed 20220226
KDE Plasma Version: 5.24.2
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.91.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.16.11-1-default (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 8 × 11th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz
Memory: 31,1 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: Mesa Intel® Xe Graphics

Try colord colord-kde and also colord for gnome from Yast. Then in system settings you will see Color Corrections icon.
I think with that you can calibrate, but maybe some more programs are needed.

Color corrections is now available in settings and I added myself to the colord user group, however the calibration button is greyed out.
You need Gnome Color Management installed in order to calibrate devices
Gnome-color-manager 3.36.0-2.3 is installed in Yast.
Further ideas? How to find out, what’s wrong?

For gnome-color-management try the commands in terminal.

gcm-import 
allows you to import ICC profiles supplied by vendors.

gcm-inspect 
allows you to inspect your session color-management settings.

gcm-picker
allows you to pick spot colors for use by an attached colorimeter.

gcm-viewer
allows you to view properties of ICC profiles.

I just know the commands but never used it because I don’t know how to use it.:wink:
In xfce there is a color profiles also but never use them too.
When you got it working, please I would like to learn the basic if you can post some pointers here.

On the side there is another application called DisplayCAL, and the colorimeter that I forgot the name might get your interest in searching for it.
Edit:
colorhug I think is the name of the colorimeter.

Seems gcm-calibrate was removed. I tried installing DisplayCal but required python2 and coudn’t install some of them.
Then tried to install from Discover app, did a search and appeared and installed. I run the app but don’t have a colorimeter so you can look if this works.
It took some time to appear becasuse sure was searching for a colorimeter device.
Hope you can advance.

In System Settings - Color Corrections you can just choose a profile. So even no need to go to the command line. Thanks anyway.
The problem is rather that I want to calibrate my screen to see the same colors on the screen as they would be on a printed image.
(If you don’t do anything creative, forget about color calibration)
I don’t know how much you know about display calibration. Here’s something to read: The Basics of Monitor Calibration

which one you found in discover? DisplayCal or gcm.calibrate. It didn’t show me either.
There’s a guy working on updating DisplayCal to python3: GitHub - eoyilmaz/displaycal-py3: DisplayCAL Modernization Project
Maybe it’s worth waiting.
Actually eoyilmaz describes that recording of the color profile is already working. So I could just temporarily use DisplayCal-Py3 to record the profile and Color Corrections to apply.

Is DisplayCAL. It is in flatpak format so when the update is ready is easy to remove.
Once installed, do a search in the app menu and you can run it.

In xfce there are already a preset profiles. I do some 3d rendering and maybe I am just lucky with my monitor and printer because I print my stuffs almost identical to my drawings as shown on my monitor.
When there is a difference I just eyeball it manually like during my old days working as architectural delineator by hand . Anyway this is just now a hobby. I’m already retired.

DisplayCAL I think needs the

colorhug

for the colorimeter. It is present in tumbleweed, it might be in Leap 15.3 also.