CM2320 Scanner

Hi All,

My second bog. :-S
I have just moved over from MS to Linux and so far I have succeeded in getting my printer to work. However, this is an HP CM2320 MFP and it also has a scanner that I would like to use.

I am printing via the network and that works fine with the Linux drivers I found on the HP website.
What has me bogged down right now is the setup of my scanner.

Has anybody got an idea on what I need to do to get this going? Am I missing anything obvious here?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Corne

Have you installed the HPLIP packages via Yast-software management?

If you installed the drivers from HP’s site, the scanner should work as well. Run ‘kdesu hp-setup’, the printer should be detected and configured, the scanning part as well.
Now run hp-toolbox. An icon will show up in the systray, right click it to open the Device Manager. A page opens from which you can configure things, and …start Xsane, the scanning program. If you prefer skanlite, you can set that in the configuration options of the device manager.

Good luck

BTW, welcome to the forums, enjoy !!

Le 25/04/2010 22:06, caf4926 a écrit :
>
> Have you installed the HPLIP packages via Yast-software management?
>
>
and if you do so you will have an “hp-tools” utility for helping you :slight_smile:

jdd

Hi All,

Thank you for your speedy answers… It shows that I am not used to getting replies this quick…:-S

To answer your questions.
I used the HPLIB frmo the HP site to install my printer, which seemed to work fine.

However, if I now run hp-setup, I get the following error message:
error: HPMUDEXT could not be loaded. Please check HPLIP installation.

So I might have to reinstall the HPLIB prior to going further with this.

I will keep you posted, as I now know there are people helping you.

Thanks so far.

Cheers,

Corne

Hi All,

Once again thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
System is up and running now after I reinstalled hplip from HP. The difference with the previous version of hplip is staggering, so I suspect I took the wrong file to start with.

Thanks for your patience.

Cheers,
Corne