Cheese stays black

I have an xps13 ultrabook. Never had problems with cheese in 12.3. Yesterday*(http://dorienherremans.blogspot.be/2013/11/installing-opensuse-131-on-dell-xps13.html). Now cheese stays black. In settings, to pick the device, it is listed in gray and I cannot really change anything.

In google hangouts it works, but the image is really dark. I google chat, the webcam-picture feature freezes the image upon initialization and does not let me take one.

Is there some sort of webcam library I can use? Or should check that it is installed?*

Hi,

When I saw this post I tried to install cheese and I can confirm what you are experiencing in 13.1.
In the terminal the error is about a gstreamer plugin problem. This happened to me a week ago also in 12.3
when I updated the gstreamer packages. I don’t know the way back to make cheese work again in 12.3 so
for now I am using kamozo.:)*

After rebooting cheese started working again. Perhaps because I installed some video players etc?

Yeah, update this morning did cheese working.

I did a system update from 12.3 to 13.1 on my old laptop this morning and cheese is working also.