Certificate problem with yast2

Hello List

Out of stupidity I removed using yast the package “ssl-cert”. At this point yast2 started throwing the error:

Download failed: 
Download (curl) error for 'https://nu.novell.com/repo/repoindex.xml?cookies=0&credentials=NCCcredentials':
Error code: Unrecognized error
Error message: SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details: 
error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed   

And of course a redownload and install of ssl-cert is not possible,I get the same error
So I tried downloading and installing the openssl package by hand, but still I got nowhere
Does anyone knows how to reinstall this ssl-cert package again??

Thanks and best regards,
Moataz

what’s the error you get when you install ssl-cert?

I think You could try to manually download the package from the official repos. Don’t know which version You’re using :
Package repositories - openSUSE

You need to download this package and all the dependencies if required and if they have been installed as well. Once You do that You can use the “rpm” command to install them.

Best regards,
Greg

Sounds like you have problems connecting to a remote repository so you have a “chicken or the egg” problem.

Recommend you re-install the ssl-cert package from a local source, ie. a DVD install source, not a network install.

Otherwise, although I don’t have the info at my fingertips, you should be able to find the OSS repository GPG key, then manually import and configure, but isn’t that harder?

HTH,
Tony