Can't disable Suspend on lid close

Hello,

I have set my laptop to do nothing on lid close.
What happens is that regardless of the setting I use, it will always suspend on lid close. But then if I try to resume it, it will simply shutdown, instead of normally resuming!

http://s21.postimg.org/x3qvhwhx3/power.png

You need to always tell us your openSUSE version and Desktop version. This could be a KDE problem, but since it is not universal, that is, this works OK for me for instance with openSUSE 12.3 and KDE 4.10.5 “release 1”. I suggest, depending on the version numbers you report back, is to upgrade your kernel, now up to 3.12.0 (which I am using) and all in between.

I have a blog on the subject you can read here: openSUSE and Installing New Linux Kernel Versions - Blogs - openSUSE Forums

Give it serious consideration and ask any questions you may have. You have an issue and it will require some action on your part to fix.

Thank You,

This is embarrassing :shame:
But after a whole day revolving around this, I noticed that I set the computer to “Do Nothing” when the power button is pressed, and “Shutdown” on lid close!
Still the fact that it suspends when I close the lid, and only shutdowns when I attempt to resume it after seems to indicate that something isn’t quite alright! Though that only happens if I set it to shutdown on lid close, on-demand shutdown and sleep, work both fine.
I notice that removing the amd proprietary drivers fixes the issue, but I need them if I want my battery to last more than 1 hour.

You are right I did not provide any indormation relating to my openSUSE version, I was in a hurry earlier today,
openSUSE 12.3 kernel 3.7.10-1.16-desktop.

Well basically, you answered you own question. I have found the same problem with the nVIDIA driver. I feel that there may be no solution short of trying to up the kernel version and still get the AMD driver to load, but really, I think not using the video diver is the fix for you or loading the AMD driver and don’t use hibernation, which I don’t think is that hard to do.

Thank You,