Cannot see any wifi

Hello all,

It is my first time to install Linux system from Windows 10. I installed OpenSuSE Leap 15.0, with a bootable USB containing the .iso file. In the installation, I did not connect to network, but after successful installation, I cannot find any wifi to use.

I searched a lot, but few solutions found. I noticed my Network driver seems not be installed:

Here is the part of the list after running /sbin/lspci -nnk

08:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Broadcom Limited BCM43142 802.11b/g/n [14e4:4365] (rev 01)
Subsystem: Lenovo Device [17aa:0611]

I did not find “kernel driver in use” for this Network controller, what should I do then, thank you!

Connect with LAN to Internet, add the Packman Repo and install broadcom-wl and broadcom-wl-kmp-default.

See the sticky threads in the multimedia subforum.

Thanks! It works! I finally connect wifi without re-installing the system! I should come here to post my question earlier, then I did not need struggle a lot to fix the issue.

By the way, I also met the issue when I cannot connect internet through LAN, but thankfully, I found someone post: Run sudo netconfig update -f

And it worked!

Thank you so much! I can finally download a software to do my research… (still do not understand why they did not develop the software for Windows…)

Why would the bother to implement for such a backward system when there is eLinux? rotfl!