cannot play aac audio


I try to play a file from a radio station.
In vlc it is vorking. VLC codec information - MPEG AAC Audio (mp4a).
But, qmmp not play it. Only buffering and buffering.
Clementine say that is missing a gstreamer-plugin.
I installed all the codecs I know.
It seems there is a codec that I miss it. :shame:

Thank you.

Maybe this one:

Thank you.
I had installed all codecs except libxine2.
With libxine2 clementine works now. Qmmp still buffering…

This one also:

When done. Close the terminal. And open Yast > Software Management and Apply the Package Switcher on Packman.


Gnome: SUSE Paste

If you encounter dependency errors: You need to accept changes that allow vendor switch to Packman If you can’t work it out. Ask in the forum.

With libxine2 clementine works now.

Clementine should not use libxine2.

Only gstreamer.

I use “zypper dup --from 3”. And “3” is packman respository.
But qmmp is working now. I wait and after few minutes of buferring, buferring… it begin to work.
Qmmp - not codec is to blame. I started qmmp from console. I think that “buffering” was the time who need to connect.

QmmpPluginCache: loaded plugin
InputSource: using http transport
StateHandler: Current state: Buffering; previous state: Stopped
HttpStreamReader: starting download thread
HttpStreamReader: starting libcurl
*   Trying
* Connected to ( port 9128 (#0)
> GET /rockfm.aacp HTTP/1.0
User-Agent: qmmp/1.2.1
Accept: */*
Icy-MetaData: 1

* HTTP 1.0, assume close after body
< HTTP/1.0 200 OK
HttpStreamReader: header received
< Server: Icecast 2.4.2
HttpStreamReader: key=server, value=Icecast 2.4.2
< Date: Thu, 10 May 2018 16:51:33 GMT
HttpStreamReader: key=date, value=Thu, 10 May 2018 16:51:33 GMT
< Content-Type: audio/aac
HttpStreamReader: key=content-type, value=audio/aac
< Cache-Control: no-cache
HttpStreamReader: key=cache-control, value=no-cache
< Expires: Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT
HttpStreamReader: key=expires, value=Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT
< Pragma: no-cache
HttpStreamReader: key=pragma, value=no-cache
< icy-br:32
HttpStreamReader: key=icy-br, value=32
< ice-audio-info: ice-bitrate=32;ice-samplerate=44100;ice-channels=2
HttpStreamReader: key=ice-audio-info, value=ice-bitrate=32;ice-samplerate=44100;ice-channels=2
< icy-br:32  
HttpStreamReader: key=icy-br, value=32
< icy-description:Live Streaming
HttpStreamReader: key=icy-description, value=Live Streaming
< icy-genre:Classic Rock
HttpStreamReader: key=icy-genre, value=Classic Rock
< icy-name:RockFM Romania
HttpStreamReader: key=icy-name, value=RockFM Romania
< icy-pub:0
HttpStreamReader: key=icy-pub, value=0
< icy-url:  
HttpStreamReader: key=icy-url, value=
< icy-metaint:16000
HttpStreamReader: key=icy-metaint, value=16000
HttpStreamReader: ready
';tpStreamReader: ICY metadata: StreamTitle='RockFM - PUB  
AACFile: ADTS header found
QmmpAudioEngine: selected decoder: aac
AACFile: ADTS header found
DecoderAAC: header offset = 327 bytes
Decoder: using internal channel order
DecoderAAC: initialize succes
ReplayGain: disabled
OutputWriter: [pulse] 44100 Hz, {FL,FR}, float ==> 44100 Hz, {FL,FR}, s16le
Dithering: disabled
StateHandler: Current state: Playing; previous state: Buffering
===== metadata ======
GENRE = Classic Rock

Sorry, now I see your new post.
Clementine said that a gstreamer-plugin is missing. After I installed libxine2 it works.

I’m not sure how that’s possible—as mentioned upthread, Clementine doesn’t use libxine2.

FWIW, I had the same problem, where M4A audio files with the Apple iTunes ALAC/AAC-LC codec were not playing with Clementine. My zypper was already configured to prefer packages from the Packman repository. Installing libxine2 did not fix the problem. What did fix it was installing gstreamer-plugins-bad-orig-addon from Packman.