Booting MicroOS on Raspberry Pi 5 (SD card)

Has anyone successfully booted the MicroOS Raspberry Pi image on Raspberry Pi 5?

I get stuck in a boot loop where it reaches:
“A start job is running ro /dev/disk/by-uuid/9b668de3-e869-47d6-bcdb-8110ed61fa21 (Xs / 1min)”
and then it reboots after reaching 60 seconds.
I have verified by running blkid with the sdcard in a different computer that this is the UUID for the device with label “ROOT”. It is also what is written in config.bootoptions on ROOT.
Does anyone have any suggestion to what I could do to get MicroOS running on my Raspberry Pi?

Additional information:
Initially I did not have any screen output, but that was resolved with u-boot 2024-01, which is part of the latest snapshot I am using now.
So I am able to see screen output now, however i notice the keyboard does not seem to function (so presumably neither does the combustion memory stick). But I guess I do not get far enough for this to matter anyways.
The boot/initialization process starts, but stops shortly after at:
A start job is running for /dev/disk/by-uuid/9b668de3-e869-47d6-bcdb-8110ed61fa21 (Xs / 1min)
and reboots once it reaches 60 seconds.
When the 60 seconds elapsed it reboots so quickly that to be able to read what was there, I had to film it (as it was to quick for me to even snap a photo).

It claims there that the device does not exist, and that it is generating /run/initramfs/rdsosreport.txt.
However this does not exist on the SD Card afterwards.

Note:

• I have tried putting Rasperry Pi OS on it, and that works fine (including USB ports).
  • The MicroOS image (Raspberry PI aarch64) was loaded to the SD Card using Rufus.

How do you expect it to appear on SD Card if it is generated in RAM exactly because SD Card is not detected?

If your device has USB port you can try to copy this file to USB stick.

Thank you for your reply.
I do not expect it to be on the SD Card, it was just a statement of fact.
I also do not expect to be able to copy it out to a USB stick, since it seems the USB ports does not work. But I see I did not state this fact as clearly as I had intended in the original post.

Unfortunately, since the USB ports does not seem to work, I am also not able to copy this out to a memory stick. And I have no keyboard available to be for further fault searching on the Pi itself.

@BjAlv There is no RPi5 support in U-Boot or upstream Linux kernel, see I am still trying to get my RPI 5 working - openSUSE ARM - openSUSE Mailing Lists

Thank you for the heads up :slight_smile:

I had the impression that it would work with U-Boot 2024-01, so that is why I have been waiting for a snapshot with that version.

But if there is also work required in the kernel that is not in place yet, then that explains my issues.

Guess I will just have to continue with my setup using Raspberry Pi OS for now, and then maybe revisit this in a years time (or buy a NUC to run MicroOS on instead).

@BjAlv Yup, I have a couple of MiniPC’s (N5095 and N100 cpu’s) running MicroOS, all run fine…