Best network-stick?

My LinkSys WUSB54GC is broken, and I maid a list of linux-compatible network-sticks.
Witch one works with
-Windows 98 -> Vista
-**** Small Linux (It doesn’t have to)
-FreeSpire (It doesn’t have to)
-PCLinuxOS (It doesn’t have to)
-PuppyLinux
-Ubuntu
-OpenSuSe (CD-edition)
-Fedora

This is the list I maid:

Thanks in advance :wink:

Murbza lol!

PS: Not the most expencive one please :stuck_out_tongue:

See the HCL:

HCL/Network Adapters (Wireless) - openSUSE

It was just updated for the D-Link USB Wireless WUA-1340, runs approx. $30 US, recognized immediately under OpenSuse 11, install KWifimanager (“Computer”, “System”, “Install Software” and search) and update Network Manager, you shouldn’t have any issues at all. Best to first connect to your home or business wifi network before searching for or connecting to open hosts.

It may ask for a firmware update, just follow instructions. I skipped it and it still worked flawlessly -and I’m a complete noob when it comes to Linux.

John

Does it also work on Micro****Soft Windows 98SE->Vista and Ubuntu 8? :stuck_out_tongue:

Grtz lol!

Well it’s not a USB stick but it is usb. I have the ALFA model AWUSo36H working on both my wifes XP computer and an her dual boot slackware system.

Myself I have tried a few PCI cards for a system I am making and so far the best one is also the cheapest one. It’s the Sabrent 802.11g PCI adapter. It was about $15 US. Something I found very interesting with this card is if I use the driver that is in 2.6.27 I get a txpower of only 6mW. But if I use the driver that is in 2.6.25-18 I get 501mW:

iwlist wlan0 txpower
wlan0 unknown transmit-power information.

Current Tx-Power=27 dBm       (501 mW)

I don’t know if this is correct or not but so far I have very good transmission.

I also tried the EnGenius pci adatper that is supposed to have the same 27 dBm transmit power and the driver is supposed to be in 2.6.27 and it doesn’t work all that well. Kept dropping the connection. EnGenius/ Senao used to have good stuff but I have found, from hacking their cards and AP, that they have farmed out there software to another company. I think this is the reason their stuff doesn’t work all that well anymore.