Banshee not starting

On OpenSuse 11.1 I have installed the latest version of Banshee 1.4.3 and updated all my repos . When I try to open Banshee by clicking on the applet it sorts of hang then go nowhere.

If I open a terminal and do Banshee-1 here is what I get

charlie@linux-eeyd:~> banshee-1

Unhandled Exception: System.Exception: Unable to open the session message bus. —> System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: address
at NDesk.DBus.Bus.Open (System.String address) [0x00000]
at NDesk.DBus.Bus.get_Session () [0x00000]
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at NDesk.DBus.Bus.get_Session () [0x00000]
at Banshee.ServiceStack.DBusConnection.get_ApplicationInstanceAlreadyRunning () [0x00000]
at Booter.Booter.Main () [0x00000]
charlie@linux-eeyd:~>

I also get the message from my applet updater:

PackageKit Error dep-resolution-failed: patch:banshee-1-839.noarch conflicts with banshee-1-extensions-default.i586

What should I do?

PS I am very new with Linux :shame:

I had a similar problem in 11.0.

Try in a terminal

dbus-launch banshee-1

If that works you can also change the details to that for the icon launch.

In regards to the updater applet, I don’t use that sorry. I find that using YaST>Software>Software MAnagement gives better advice about dependancy problems.

Cheers
Steve

Thank you so much Steve, you made my day:) it works perfectly. I used the command dbus-launch Banshee-1 and incorporated it in the icon command line.

I agree with you that that using YaST>Software>Software MAnagement gives better advice about dependancy problems. I just mentioned the applet updater to describe the messages I was getting from my system

thanks again