Backlight Module

I have a compaq v2608wm laptop. Everything is working nicely except for the backlight. It’s worked before in previous versions of openSuse (last I remember, 10.3). When I boot into 11.1, about half-way into boot, everything gets dim and using my Fn+brightness keys doesn’t help. Since it happens during boot time I’m assuming that some kind of module is being activated to “help” me manage my backlight.

Is there a way to disable this module so it doesn’t activate on startup?

Hey there. Did you already find out how to fix this problem? I have the same problem with an Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pi 2530. At the login screen the back light just goes black, I believe just after the acpi module is loaded. Booting in failsafe works, but of course i not ideal.

I am using openSUSE 11.2 M7 64-bit btw.

I also have a Dell Inspiron 6400 with an ATI card X1400 Mobility Radeon and Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 and have 2 problems:

1. the screen backlight is at half intensity when AC power is plugged and when it is not
  2. Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 card is detected but I am not able to configure the wireless connection using NetworkManager because it seems to not detect it

I am using OpenSuSE 11.2 Milestone 7 x86_64. Is this a bug? Is there an specific site to report it=