I have the same Brazil update problem as freefiber and amarjam, with the
(1) The Brazil update is the only one failing. My other updates
succeed even with Brazil selected. Sometimes I have to wait for the
repositories to update, but that self-resolves over time with only the
Brazil DST update remaining as the annoyance.
(2) I ran zypper up with the following results:
linux-xion:/home/mtgucs # zypper up
Reading installed packages…
Problem: patch:java-1_4_2-sun-299.noarch conflicts with
java-1_5_0-sun-plugin.i586 < 1.5.0_update16-1.3 provided by
Solution 1: do not keep java-1_5_0-sun-plugin-1.5.0_update16-1.1.i586
Solution 2: do not install patch:java-1_4_2-sun-299.noarch
Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/C]: 2
Nothing to do.
(3) Whaddya mean, nothing to do?
(4) I probably, but can’t be sure, tried to install java-1_4_2 in
order to get Java on my browsers (still not working btw, different
complaint - different thread). So somewhere in the technosludge of my
hard drive is a reference to java-1_4 that openSUSE update is seeing,
but which no longer exists.
(5) Here is my update-alternatives output:
linux-xion:/home/mtgucs # update-alternatives --config java
There are 3 programs which provide `java’.
- 3 /usr/lib64/jvm/jre-1.6.0-openjdk/bin/java
Enter to keep the default , or type selection number:*
(6) Suggestions? Purge Java completely, and will that get rid of the
lingering reference to Java-1_4? Edit the package manager reference to
Java-1_4? Cancel my ticket to Rio?
mtgucs’s Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=17136
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=401191