Autorotate Display on 2-in-1

Problem:
I’m having trouble setting up automatic screen rotation.
Relevant Info:
I’ve got a 2-in-1, specifically a Lenovo Flex 5 14 inch (ARE05), and I’m using KDE Plasma 6.0.5 with Wayland. I have the iio-proxy-sensor-proxy package installed, and running monitor-sensor does correctly report the orientation of my laptop:

    Waiting for iio-sensor-proxy to appear
+++ iio-sensor-proxy appeared
=== Has accelerometer (orientation: undefined)
=== No ambient light sensor
=== No proximity sensor
    Accelerometer orientation changed: normal
    Accelerometer orientation changed: right-up
    Accelerometer orientation changed: normal
    Accelerometer orientation changed: bottom-up
    Accelerometer orientation changed: normal
    Accelerometer orientation changed: bottom-up
    Accelerometer orientation changed: normal

Display Configuration Settings:


Some posts i’ve seen online have mentioned the existence of an “automatic” orientation option, but as you can see, that isn’t present here. Is there some other setting I need to change to get automatic rotation working?

Have you found a fix for this? I am having the same problem.

No luck yet, unfortunately.

Go to ‘Workspace Behavior’ > ‘General Behavior’ and check ‘Touch Mode’.
I had to set it to ‘Always enabled’ in order to respect screen rotation on KDE.

Even if I set touch mode to “Always Enabled,” automatic rotation still doesn’t work.

Super strange, as you have all requirements according to your first post.

On my system (Leap 15.5), the ‘Orientation’ setting under ‘Display Configuration’ magically appeared when I was switching from default X to Wayland on SDDM login screen.

I could then change it to ‘Automatic’ and either uncheck ‘Only when in tablet mode’ or keep it checked, plus having the ‘Touch Mode’ set as described previously.

I’m running tumbleweed, so perhaps there’s an issue related to an updated package, but I don’t think that’s likely, as I’ve been experiencing the lack of this option for quite some time. It’s more likely a misconfiguration or missing package, but I’m not sure where to look.

Just wanted to add that making a new user also didn’t fix the issue, so it’s probably a missing package rather than an incorrect setting.

Maybe you could try a live image. Tumbleweed and Leap.