Audio cracking

Since several months I have a peculiar sound problem on Tumbleweed, which I do not experience on other Linux distributions. About every minute I get in the bottom right corner of my desktop the speaker sign showing
the volume bar. If the alsamixer is open in the Terminal, it flickers too. The sound of Video (etc.) in the background crackles.
That is obviously pretty annoying. Can you help me?

http://alsa-project.org/db/?f=5ef5223cd614a9f944a7774ae3b7eb91b0672634

rpm -qi alsa-ucm-conf
Name        : alsa-ucm-conf
Version     : 1.2.6.2
Release     : 1.1
Architecture: noarch
Install Date: Mon 27 Dec 2021 10:07:41 PM CET
Group       : Unspecified
Size        : 210211
License     : BSD-3-Clause
Signature   : RSA/SHA256, Sun 12 Dec 2021 09:31:39 PM CET, Key ID b88b2fd43dbdc284
Source RPM  : alsa-ucm-conf-1.2.6.2-1.1.src.rpm
Build Date  : Sun 12 Dec 2021 09:31:23 PM CET
Build Host  : lamb58
Packager    : https://bugs.opensuse.org
Vendor      : openSUSE
URL         : https://www.alsa-project.org
Summary     : ALSA UCM Profiles
Description :
This package contains the profiles files for ALSA UCM (Use Case Manager).
Distribution: openSUSE Tumbleweed
inxi -xxxACS 
System:
  Host: localhost.localdomain Kernel: 5.15.8-1-default x86_64 bits: 64
  compiler: gcc v: 11.2.1 Desktop: Xfce 4.16.0 tk: Gtk 3.24.30
  info: xfce4-panel wm: xfwm 4.16.1 vt: 7 dm: LightDM 1.30.0
  Distro: openSUSE Tumbleweed 20211226
CPU:
  Info: Quad Core model: Intel Core i5-4460 bits: 64 type: MCP arch: Haswell
  rev: 3 cache: L2: 6 MiB
  flags: avx avx2 lm nx pae sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 ssse3
  bogomips: 25542
  Speed: 798 MHz min/max: 800/3400 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 798 2: 1177
  3: 1101 4: 2935
Audio:
  Device-1: Intel 9 Series Family HD Audio vendor: ASUSTeK
  driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel bus-ID: 00:1b.0 chip-ID: 8086:8ca0
  class-ID: 0403
  Device-2: AMD Tahiti HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 7870 XT / 7950/7970]
  vendor: ASUSTeK driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel bus-ID: 01:00.1
  chip-ID: 1002:aaa0 class-ID: 0403
  Sound Server-1: ALSA v: k5.15.8-1-default running: yes
  Sound Server-2: PulseAudio v: 15.0 running: yes

Hey there Kry.weed
This is something almost similiar I had be two years ago so I like to share a few ideas,
On a different distro an audio problem out of nowhere just appeared, on mine it was a 1/2 second drop in sound every tune once or twice per songs if I was lucky other times it was 5 to 15 times per tune so umphf annoying after many weeks and heaps of suggestions and many efforts from the community to help out no solution was found and the problems persisted after many weeks I had to call a guy I know that loves a challenge (he specializes in fixing Windows machines) when my Linux machine can along he jumped at that not another Windows machine, he loves the open nature of Linux,

These are the main points that led to finding the culprit causing the problems the things that were tried over 10 days

with the music playing running Htop
this was important reboot with the reboot the Htop readings were trust worthy for that new session
do again Htop without the music playing
I recall he told me there were many reboots
in htop the big user was ? ? running (thinking as I type) it was to do with um oh was something in the way of ‘wpa suppliant’ is that it yeah/no it sounded similar thou,
it was to do with that wpa suppliant ?? stealing the power from the audio software
Don’t get old - wpa suppliant ?
from that he worked out that it was to do with the WiFi that’s where his expert guesswork went into play and he connected the modem with cable got rid of WiFi completely from my desktop and the audio problem disappeared completely,

I would have never ever figured that one out never
WiFi
This is some ideas to try
Htop find if there could be power struggle
cable connect to modem

from that extra information maybe the brains trust here will be able to determine what next you could try, I know that what I suggested may not fix your issue, is it worth looking into that’s up to you, all I know is the more info the more chances someone will see an oddity and a solution.
That all I got I do hope it works out for you I know about annoying audio problems.
Hope it helps
Noel

Thank’s for your answer, Noel. But further testing shows, that my problems appear confined to the xfce Dekstop. So I guess I have to change Desktops.