Audio CD not recognized

Hi,

I am a recent convert to OpenSuse. I have installed version 11.1 with KDE 4.1 on a Lenovo laptop (Intel Centrino duo 1.66 GHz, 1 GB RAM). My problem is that whenever I pop in a plain vanilla audio CD into my laptop DVD drive, KDE does not recognize (mount?) it. The application KsCD crashes when I try to launch it and Amarok says that no audio CD can be found.
From searching the web it seems that this should be an automatic thing in KDE, where I should get an option as soon as I pop the CD in. I also found a post on this forum which suggested that giving the user access to the cdrom group through YaST should solve this problem. I did this to no avail. Also, this problem only happens with audio CDs. Data DVDs are detected without any hiccups.
Could someone help me troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks

Make sure you are using amarok packman

what does k3b do (k3b should be Packman too of course with codecs)

Hi, when you added yourself to cdrom and audio did you reboot? I had the same problem and permissions worked for me. Of course I’m not sure why I wasn’t added by default…

I have the same problem, data CD ok, audio…>:(>:(>:(
i am going back to KDE 3.5 where everything just works!

>:(

Have you installed all the codecs from packman repo? Use this link for a quick install:
Restricted Formats/11.1 - openSUSE-Community

Audio CD is a restricted format??? rotfl!
It is not even mounted!