Asterisk 10 on opensuse 12.1

I have installed asterisk 10 from this repo Index of /repositories/network:/telephony:/asterisk-10/openSUSE_12.1 on my home server.

It seems that i cannot start asterisk:

romantsa:/var/lib/asterisk # asterisk -vvvvvvvvgc 
Asterisk 10.0.0, Copyright (C) 1999 - 2011 Digium, Inc. and others.
Created by Mark Spencer <markster@digium.com>
Asterisk comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; type 'core show warranty' for details.
This is free software, with components licensed under the GNU General Public
License version 2 and other licenses; you are welcome to redistribute it under
certain conditions. Type 'core show license' for details.
=========================================================================
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf':   == Found
Running as group 'asterisk'
Running as user 'asterisk'
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/extconfig.conf':   == Found
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/logger.conf':   == Found
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf':   == Found
[Jan  1 11:38:09] WARNING[24952]: db.c:218 db_open: Unable to open Asterisk database '/var/lib/asterisk/astdb.sqlite3': unable to open database file

The astb.sqlite3 file is missing and i haven’t found a way to produce it. Am i missing something (i’m new to asterisk) or should i file a bug?

Thanks in advance and happy new year!

the default config has asterisk running as user asterisk which does not appear to have permissions to write to /var/lib/asterisk. During the initial startup asterisk creates needed databases. I modified /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf so that asterisk runs as root and I was able to startup the service without any errors and the required databases were created. I have not yet worked on changing permissions on the folder so that asterisk can run as the user asterisk instead of root. Found the clues to the cause of the issue at the following url.

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/SQLite3+astdb+back-end