Applet

Cheers to all !
When I start-up my computer, I receive a message that the time has expired for the session, and to begin a new session, I must re-download an applet.

Meanwhilie, I can go about using the computer the way I wish.

What should I do to stop the message from appearing ?
Thanks for any help you can furnish me.

Could you post a screenshot please? (upload it to http://susepaste.org f.e.)
I have no idea what you are talking about…:wink:

And you should at least tell us which version of openSUSE you use and which desktop (KDE, Gnome, other). We realy can not guess that :frowning:

Are you sure you are not using windows…lol! Sounds like a virus I had once upon a time.

Or is it a /home that was used by a previous install with a different distro?

Hi !
Am unable to paste a screen shot of the message.
Here is a copy of the message (in French).

“démarrer une nouvelle session, cet applet doit être de nouveau téléchargé.
13:49 Connexion…
13:49 Cette session a expiré et ne peut plus être utilisée. Pour démarrer une nouvelle session, cet applet doit être de nouveau téléchargé.
11:01 Connexion…
11:01 Cette session a expiré et ne peut plus être utilisée. Pour démarrer une nouvelle session, cet applet doit être de nouveau téléchargé.
18:34 Connexion…
18:35 Cette session a expiré et ne peut plus être utilisée. Pour démarrer une nouvelle session, cet applet doit être de nouveau téléchargé.
09:02 Connexion…
09:02 Cette session a expiré et ne peut plus être utilisée. Pour démarrer une nouvelle session, cet applet doit être de nouveau téléchargé.
09:27 Connexion…
09:27 Cette session a expiré et ne peut plus être utilisée. Pour démarrer une nouvelle session, cet applet doit être de nouveau téléchargé.
08:52 Connexion…
08:52 Cette session a expiré et ne peut plus être utilisée. Pour démarrer une nouvelle session, cet applet doit être de nouveau téléchargé.”

Do you have any idea what this could be ?

Hi,
Am not using openSUSE. Am using Windows XP.

Hi,
Yes, am using Windows XP.

Hi,
No, it isn’t a previous install.

On 06/28/2013 09:56 AM, phs2004 wrote:
> Yes, am using Windows XP.

-=WELCOME=- new poster, but your problem sounds like a windows virus
to me…

why do you ask in an openSUSE forum–there are FEW window gurus here?

why not ask the Windows gurus??

dd

Uh!
Explain yourself

Ha, I knew it. Gut feeling lol!

This may be a lesson for all those that start giving answers without even knowing what an OP is using. >:)

Your current problem (and several other problems) can be easily resolved if you install openSUSE. And, you know that it is free!
https://www.opensuse.org/en/