AppArmor Problem

I have a LiveUSB implementation of openSUSE 11.3, with a persistence file so that changes will persist across reboots. I’m attempting to use this as the basis for an AppArmor secured desktop environment that can be booted into from a USB stick. I was originally going to do this with an Ubuntu Netbook 10.04 LiveUSB implementation but Ubuntu doesn’t come with a GUI-based approach for managing AppArmor or building profiles. openSUSE has the AppArmor Profile Wizard in YaST.

But when I attempt to start the Add Profile Wizard (or the Edit Profile Wizard) I get an error message that says,

“YaST (as superuser)”

“Error”

“Synchronization error between front-end and back-end.”

If I try to do the Manually Add Profile, it takes me to a window entitled “Select File To Generate A Profile For (as superuser)” and the, if I click on Cancel, I get an error of this kind:

“Error (as superuser)”

"Can’t locate Immunix/Notify.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/per5/site_perl/5.12.1/i586-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.12.1 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.12.1/i586-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.12.1 /usr/lib/perl5/5.12.1/i586-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.12.1 .) at /usr/lib/YaST2/servers_non_y2/ag_subdomain line 23.

BEGIN failed–compilation aborted at /usr/lib/YaST2/servers_non_y2/ag_subdomain line 23 (#1)

(F) You said to do (or require, or use) a file that couldn’t be found. Perl looks for the file in all the locations mentioned in @INC, unless the file name included the full path to the file. Perhaps you need to set the PERL5LIB or PERL5OPT environment variable to say where the extra library is, or maybe the script needs to add the library name to @INC. Or maybe you just mispelled the name of the file. See perlfunc/require and lib.

Uncaught exception from user code:

Can’t locate Immunix/Notify.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/per5/site_perl/5.12.1/i586-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.12.1 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.12.1/i586-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.12.1 /usr/lib/perl5/5.12.1/i586-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.12.1 .) at /usr/lib/YaST2/servers_non_y2/ag_subdomain line 23.

BEGIN failed–compilation aborted at /usr/lib/YaST2/servers_non_y2/ag_subdomain line 23.
at /usr/lib/YaST2/servers_non_y2/ag_subdomain line 23

Can anyone help me get the AppArmor Add Profile Wizard working?

On 2012-03-02 17:26, sktd wrote:
>
> I have a LiveUSB implementation of openSUSE 11.3, with a persistence
> file so that changes will persist across reboots.

Do you know that 11.3 is out of maintenance now?

> "Can’t locate Immunix/Notify.pm in @INC (@INC contains:

And do you have that file? On 11.4 it is
“/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.12.3/Immunix/Notify.pm”, so on yours it will
be near.

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.4 x86_64 “Celadon” at Telcontar)

Thanks. The Imunnix directory was in the wrong location (compared to where it was being looked for). In case something might look for it in its current location, I simply copied it to be under the 5.12.1 directory in addition to being on the same level as the 5.12.1 directory. That got everything working.