Apache2 and mod_encoding

Hello all,

I’ve been trying to figure out why I cannot get my web authoring program (Adobe Contribute) to work on my new Suse server and one of the things I found is that Contribute (which keeps it’s configuration settings as XML files on the server) seems to truncate all of the code.

Doing some more research, I found that, rather than being Contribute, it may be apache2’s webdav (which Contribute lets me use to transfer files) handling that is the problem. The only difference I could see between my current server and my old apple server is that mod_encoding was present.

Doing even more research, I was able to compile mod_encoding for my current server, and everything looks like it worked. However, when I try to go to my site, I get a blank page, but there are no errors in my error log.

Has anyone come across something like this, or a fix for it? I really need to get my webdav stuff going, and I think I just ran into my last wall.

On futher looking, my main error log had the following:

child pid 5995 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

Any time I try to load the page when the mod_encoding is turned on (blank page)

Not sure if that helps, but I’m guessing it means that either mod_encoding is not working (mod is busted).