Amarok 1.4 doesn't remember settings ?

Just know that I can install amarok 1.4 in oS 12.1 rotfl!
It plays fine but the next time I start it, it doesn’t remember settings. Any tricks to get it working properly?

Just know that I can install amarok 1.4 in oS 12.1 rotfl!
It plays fine but the next time I start it, it doesn’t remember settings. Any tricks to get it working properly?

In openSUSE 12.1 Amarok is up to version 2.4.3. If the application should crash before your settings are saved when you close it or openSUSE down, it will not remember your settings and ask again when it starts up next. Here is what I suggest:

1. At least first, if you want to shut Amarok down, do a Amarok / Quit.
  2. You can select Settings / Configure Amarok / Collection (on Left) / Collection Folders / Find and check the folders you want to use for your music, the press Apply and then OK to save your settings.
  3. I do not suggest you downgrade Amarok to any lesser version.
  4. Problems with Amarok can be reported to the KDE site.
  5. You could add in the following repository and elect to update Amarok: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/UpdatedApps/openSUSE_12.1/

Thank You,

Thanks for you reply.
I know that 2.4.3 is the lastest amarok release but I really hate its cluttered interface, and want the good old 1.4 back. It seems to be a bug in amarok 1.4 (from 12.1 repos). It lost all settings although I did quit properly.
May be i should happy with clementine.

I don’t think clementine is in the repos yet, but it takes a while for everything to make its way back in so be patient.

Thank You,