ALSA : hda-intel : sporadical crack sounds

** Problem description **

Hello, I hear cracking sounds every 20-90 seconds. It doesn`t matter whether I play something or not, so it is very irritating.
In windows, such a problem does not exist.

Ive read SDB documentation regarding sound and intel hda chipset - related problems, but found nothing that pointed me to a solution. Just for case, Ive tried enable/disable Pulseaudion via setup-pulseaudio with no success.

Could anyone please give me some ideas on what I should try to make it work ?

System information

> aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC892 Analog [ALC892 Analog]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 1: ALC892 Digital [ALC892 Digital]

> cat /etc/modprobe.d/50-sound.conf
options snd slots=snd-hda-intel

u1Nb.vJoKilYFVk8:Intel Corporation

alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel

> lspci
aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC892 Analog [ALC892 Analog]
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 1: ALC892 Digital [ALC892 Digital]

> cat /proc/modules | grep hda
snd_hda_codec_realtek 338028 1 - Live 0xffffffffa0dba000
snd_hda_intel 33441 4 - Live 0xffffffffa00ef000
snd_hda_codec 118874 2 snd_hda_codec_realtek,snd_hda_intel, Live 0xffffffffa011f000
snd_hwdep 13613 1 snd_hda_codec, Live 0xffffffffa00a3000
snd_pcm 109594 3 snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec, Live 0xffffffffa0103000
snd 86602 16 snd_hda_codec_realtek,hdj_mod,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq_device,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_hwdep,snd_pcm,snd_timer, Live 0xffffffffa00d8000
snd_page_alloc 18572 2 snd_hda_intel,snd_pcm, Live 0xffffffffa009d000

So if this was me, this was a desktop computer and I had at least one PCI or PCIe slot left, I would suggest you go and buy a Creative Labs Sound Blaster sound card (that matched my spare slot and budget), install it and be done with the crackling sounds from your Realtek chipset. I did find a link if you want to compile and install your own driver for your sound chip and a Linux one did exist there: Realtek Software: Drivers & Utilities, you must accept their license agreement to download them. Consider you will need to reinstall this after each kernel update or replacement. Apparently the open source driver has a problem creating the noise that you here. Since I have not installed these I have no idea how much trouble they might be but it might be worth a look.

Thank You,

Any chance this is just your mic picking up sound and feeding it back. Have you tried muting your mic to remove this possibility ?

You could also look at this guide: SDB : Pulseaudio - openSUSE