All applications open maximized (full screen) on openSuSE 11.4 with KDE

I upgraded to openSuSE 11.4 when it came out and it has been working 100% until today. At some point KWIN suspended compositing as my laptop was under heavy load. Suddenly all applications started to open maximized (full screen). I have checked the settings in “Configure Desktop” but nothing is wrong. I changed the window placement from smart to cascade and back without any success. I can clearly see the window opening at the correct location and then maximize. I then have to click the restore button on the title bar twice before the window restores to it’s original size. I have googled and found a few people with the same issue running compiz and KDE, but I am not using compiz (in fact it is not installed). Any help will be appreciated as this is really annoying.

Johan

After playing around with some more settings I found the solution. Configure Desktop, Window Behavior, Window Behavior, Advanced there is a tiling option. Somehow that got ticked and that is what caused the issue. Once I unticked that everything went back to normal

gogga wrote:

>
> After playing around with some more settings I found the solution.
> Configure Desktop, Window Behavior, Window Behavior, Advanced there is a
> tiling option. Somehow that got ticked and that is what caused the
> issue. Once I unticked that everything went back to normal
>
Thank you for the info, I was not even aware that such an option exists. I
have to try it.

PC: oS 11.3 64 bit | Intel Core2 Quad Q8300@2.50GHz | KDE 4.6.1 | GeForce
9600 GT | 4GB Ram
Eee PC 1201n: oS 11.4 64 bit | Intel Atom 330@1.60GHz | KDE 4.6.0 | nVidia
ION | 3GB Ram