Add the exit option in desktop context menu

Hello,
I already did it but forgot how (new intall, now).
I miss the “quit” option in the context desktop menu of kde plasma, you know, the menu that allows you to get away from your session or shut down the computer, just clicking on the right mouse button anywhere on the desktop!
How can I get it again.
very last tumbleweed (Jan 30, 2023)
thanks
jdd

Which desktop are you using?

He says “kde plasma”??

But yes, it would be nice if people start with the most important thing: what am I using. And not hide it somewhere halfway in the post. :wink:

My bad, I missed that.

This was an upstream design decision by the KDE Plasma team to clean up this menu. As the lock/logout menu entry wasn’t related to the desktop settings in any way, it was decided to remove it from there.

This fix was merged 9 month ago into the master development tree of Plasma workspace.
Here is the relevant merge request:

You can’t bring it back, as you can see in the merge request conversasion…

1 Like

I know it’s possible, I have it on the computer I use right now (my old one). But I forgot to write howto do it :frowning:
It’s just an edit of the menu, nothing fancy.
And I don’t know exactly how to name this for google search (my computer is in french)
thanks

FOUND IT

it’s in the mouse setup, right button. On the right you have the option “standard menu” and, right after it a setup button with options to tick.

I just have to change computer to make it

thanks
jdd

FOUND IT

Right click on desktop, then click “configure desktop” (not in main settings!)

In the mouse setup, right button. On the right you have the option “standard menu” and, right after it a setup button with options to tick.

I just have to change computer to make it (done)