ACPI BIOS Error During Boot: Could Not Resolve Symbols

During boot, my Linux system displays the following error messages:

[  0.129513][ T1] ACPI BIOS Error (bug): Could not resolve symbol [_SB.PCO0.1200.TPDO], AE_NOT_FOUND (20230628/dswload2-162)
[  0.129521][ T1] ACPI Error: AE_NOT_FOUND, During name lookup/catalog (20230628/psobject-220)
[  0.129543][ T1] ACPI BIOS Error (bug): Could not resolve symbol [_SB.PCO0.1200.TPL1], AE_NOT_FOUND (20230628/dswload2-162)
[  0.129546][ T1] ACPI Error: AE_NOT_FOUND, During name lookup/catalog (20230628/psobject-220)

These error messages seem to be related to the Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) BIOS implementation on my system.

Question 1: What is the cause of this ACPI BIOS error during boot?

Question 2: How can I resolve this issue and successfully boot my Linux system without encountering the ACPI BIOS error?

Question 3: What are the potential consequences or limitations of the workarounds or solutions suggested for this problem?

Question 4: Are there any specific hardware configurations or system setups that are more prone to this type of ACPI BIOS error?

Question 5: Is there a way to identify the root cause of the ACPI BIOS issue, such as a specific hardware component or BIOS implementation, to help troubleshoot the problem more effectively?

Please provide a detailed explanation of the ACPI BIOS error, its potential causes, and step-by-step solutions or workarounds to resolve the issue, taking into account the potential trade-offs or limitations of each approach.

Crossposting?

I understand crossposting isn’t ideal here. If it’s okay, I’ll keep this thread going and focus on incorporating any helpful advice I receive here with the insights from other forums. @hui

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.