12.2 OpenSuse Display Problem?

Hi,

Does anyone know if OpenSuse 12.2 will be able to resolve the current screen resolution problem associated with the Intel(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset? Previous releases of OpenSuse failed on Sony Vaio VGC-JS1E Desktop machines with an integrated Intel(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset display driver. The desired standard screen resolution for this machine - 1680x1050 - could never be achieved making OpenSuse <12.1 sadly unusable: creating instead, an ugly monitor display with wide areas of the screen greyed out and unusable. No other distros could achieve this ‘simple’ task! I for one (and I suspect many other people with similar machine display configurations) hope to be able to install OpenSuse. Now, if OpenSuse could be the only distro to achieve this then … ?

mapwiz

It won’t be an issue unique to openSUSE. That is, it will be a kernel issue (with the intel driver).

Yes, that’s what I said. It’s a problem that is not unique to OpenSuse. But, does the OpenSuse 12.2 version include a kernel that overcomes this problem?

Unless the bug has been reported, then maybe not… which is all the more reason to test and report bugs.

Anyway, openSUSE 12.2 RC2 is now using version 2.20.0

[ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-intel 2.20.0](http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-announce/2012-July/002004.html)

Then this sounds like good newslol!.

mapwiz