11.2 updates?

I installed 11.2 on release day and I have yet to get any updates. I did zypper up just now and it says I have 34 updates… is that unusual or does zypper up do something different than the update manger?

Thanks

# zypper up
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...

The following packages are going to be upgraded:
  gstreamer-0_10 gstreamer-0_10-lang gstreamer-0_10-plugins-good gstreamer-0_10-plugins-good-extra gstreamer-0_10-plugins-good-lang libavcodec52 libavdevice52 libavformat52 libavutil50 libfaad2 libffmpeg0
  libgstphotography-0_10-0 libgstreamer-0_10-0 libmp3lame0 liboil-0_3-0 libpigment-0_3-11 libpigment-gtk-0_3-11 libpigment-imaging-0_3-11 libpostproc51 libswscale0 libvlc2 libvlccore2 libx264-78 libxine1
  libxine1-codecs libxine1-gnome-vfs libxine1-pulse moovida-plugins-ugly pigment-plugin pigment-plugin-opengl smplayer vlc vlc-noX vlc-qt

The following package is going to change architecture:
  moovida-plugins-ugly  i586 -> noarch

34 packages to upgrade, 1 to change arch.
Overall download size: 19.2 MiB. After the operation, additional 18.0 KiB will be used.
Continue? [y/n/?] (y):

if it helps heres a list of my repos

zypper lr
#  | Alias                               | Name                                                | Enabled | Refresh
---+-------------------------------------+-----------------------------------------------------+---------+--------
1  | Libdvdcss repository                | Libdvdcss repository                                | No      | No
2  | NVIDIA                              | NVIDIA                                              | Yes     | Yes
3  | download.opensuse.org-VirtualBox    | openSUSE BuildService - Virtualization (VirtualBox) | Yes     | Yes
4  | ftp.skynet.be-suse                  | Packman Repository                                  | Yes     | Yes
5  | http-download.opensuse.org-2f81e9d3 | Updates for openSUSE 11.2-0                         | Yes     | Yes
6  | openSUSE 11.2-0                     | openSUSE 11.2-0                                     | No      | No
7  | repo-debug                          | openSUSE-11.2-Debug                                 | No      | Yes
8  | repo-non-oss                        | openSUSE-11.2-Non-Oss                               | Yes     | Yes
9  | repo-oss                            | openSUSE-11.2-Oss                                   | Yes     | Yes
10 | repo-source                         | openSUSE-11.2-Source                                | No      | Yes

I guess I’m asking three things:
Have there been any updates to 11.2? and
Is it ok to use zypper up instead of the gui update manager (the one on the kde panel)? and
Are my repo’s good?

thanks in advance for any help

Do a ‘sudo zypper ref’ to refresh the repositories
Then do ‘sudo zypper up’ to check for updates

There have been a few updates from the updater applet. These will always be security updates and bug fixes.

Using zypper up , like in the example you posted earlier will offer updates from all the repositories you have enabled. Most of the updates I see from what you posted are from the packman repo. You won’t get these updates from the updater applet.

Your repos look good, although I can’t tell which one’s are enabled.