Dell color laser drivers.

I’m considering buying a Dell laser. Are drivers available for the color laser C1765nfw or C2665dnf? For cost reasons, I’d prefer the C1765nfw if I can get it running. I’m running 64bit 13.2 right now. I believe I saw on a Ubuntu forum that someone got the C1765 to work using the Dell 1355 Foomatic/foo2hbpl2 driver. Can anyone confirm that this would work under OpenSuse? I don’t want to buy a $200 brick.

Thanks.

Many would say choose a decent HP laser for this reason. Regarding the Dell and the foo2hbpl2 driver, the following might be of interest

http://foo2hbpl.rkkda.com/

Thanks for the reference. This makes me lean toward the 2665. According to the Dell web site it has drivers for SUSE enterprise desktop 10 and 11. I would guess from this that the drivers would work under 13.2? Would this be right?

Well from the technical specs, I note that this model apparently supports the following print languages: PCL6, PostScriptTM Level3 Compatible, XPS. That is encouraging. It should work with a generic postscript driver as well. (In general, the Linux support for HP and Brother printers is far better though, so far more popular with Linux users.)

Anyway, I had a quick look at the driver supplied, and I note that the RPM proivdes a filter and PPD file, so quite a simple driver, which should work in any CUPS environment.

/usr/lib/cups/filter/Dell-C2665-Color-MFP/DLPSACJFilter
/usr/share/cups/model/Dell/Dell_C2665dnf_Color_MFP.ppd.gz

Thanks for the information.