Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KDE 4.10.1 Upgrade: Missing Suspend menu item and broken hibernation

Default Re: KDE 4.10.1 Upgrade: Missing Suspend menu item and broken hibernation

@ sumski

installed kdebase4-workspace-4.10.1-897.1.x86_64.rpm

and now have Sleep and Hibernate icons

both are executable

Blog Entries

Default Re: KDE 4.10.1 Upgrade: Missing Suspend menu item and broken hibernation

Quote Originally Posted by sumski View Post
    We are looking for someone that could test the packages before they would go to general KR410 public, so volunteers wanted

Discussion here:
    [opensuse-kde] kde4.10.1
    Packages info in the last mail (installing kdebase-workspace package would be enough)
    All packages tested from your repo
    It's all good

Thanks
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Thumbs up Re: KDE 4.10.1 Upgrade: Missing Suspend menu item and broken hibernation

I've seen this issue too. Will apply the patched package ASAP to check it out on my netbook.

After installing the workspace package, then logging out/in, I've now got my sleep/hibernate options back!

Based on the feedback, patch has also been added to KR410 repo. Should be built/published sometime today

Thanks to everyone for testing!

OK, fix is now built and published in KR410 repo, so anyone that tested the previous packages can switch back to the main repo.

Quote Originally Posted by sumski View Post
    OK, fix is now built and published in KR410 repo, so anyone that tested the previous packages can switch back to the main repo.
    Thank you very much sumski for fixing this so quickly. Do you have any idea what could have happened to hibernation? As a work around I wrote a script that simply calls:

Code:
    echo disk > /sys/power/state
    I added to the permissions for the user to run the script as root in /etc/sudoers and added a .desktop file for easy launching. For some reason, clicking on Leave->Hibernate in KDE results in a back screen and the netbook doesn't turn off.

Quote Originally Posted by alvinbeach View Post
    Thank you very much sumski for fixing this so quickly.
    Np, i only added Raymonds patch, so quick fix and welcome is from/for him

Quote Originally Posted by alvinbeach View Post
    Do you have any idea what could have happened to hibernation? As a work around I wrote a script that simply calls:

Code:
    echo disk > /sys/power/state
    I added to the permissions for the user to run the script as root in /etc/sudoers and added a .desktop file for easy launching. For some reason, clicking on Leave->Hibernate in KDE results in a back screen and the netbook doesn't turn off.
    I wish i could help you on that one, but i don't have a swap, so can't hibernate to test. I'll try to create a swap file to see what happens here. (Though i am using Factory, so conditions won't be exactly the same)
    Are you using any proprietary driver that could interfere?

Blog Entries

Cheers for the quick fixing and delivering of the new packages.
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12