Not able to install rpm

Hi, I am quite new to openSUSE. I tried installing flash player by downloading rpm from adobe web site. When I double click on the flash player rpm, it stops by giving an error

“[PK_TMP_DIR|dir:///var/tmp/TmpDir.zCQnV0] Repository already exists.”

Please anyone help me to fix this problem.

Thank You

Open a terminal and become su -
Do the following

zypper in flash-player

Hi,

Welcome to the forums. While the advice above is technicaly correct, you might want to know more about why your way of installing was not the best one.

We have some information for new openSUSE users:
NEW Users - openSuse Pre-install (general) – PLEASE READ - openSUSE Forums
NEW Users - Suse-11.2 Pre-installation – PLEASE READ - openSUSE Forums
Multi-media and Restricted Format Installation Guide - openSUSE Forums
Concepts - openSUSE

Hi, Thank you for the post. But the same problem persists for all the RPMs. So is there any permanent solution for my problem.
Can I delete PK_TMP_DIR? If so how?

Please help me

Thank you

Please post result of

zypper lr -d

Try to clean your tmp dir in var, maybe that will sort it out for you.

pramodbhat wrote:

> Can I delete PK_TMP_DIR? If so how?

‘Clear Temp Files at Boot - openSUSE Forums’
(http://tinyurl.com/yzmzp5b)

palladium

Hi, this is the result of zypper ld -r in my terminal

| Alias | Name | Enabled | Refresh | Priority | Type | URI | Service

–±-------------±----------------------±--------±--------±---------±---------±----------------------------------------------------------------±-------
1 | PK_TMP_DIR | PK_TMP_DIR | Yes | Yes | 99 | plaindir | dir:///var/tmp/TmpDir.vQRCjU |
2 | repo-debug | openSUSE-11.2-Debug | No | Yes | 99 | NONE | Index of /debug/distribution/11.2/repo/oss |
3 | repo-non-oss | openSUSE-11.2-Non-Oss | Yes | Yes | 99 | yast2 | Index of /distribution/11.2/repo/non-oss |
4 | repo-oss | openSUSE-11.2-Oss | Yes | Yes | 99 | yast2 | Index of /distribution/11.2/repo/oss |
5 | repo-source | openSUSE-11.2-Source | No | Yes | 99 | NONE | Index of /source/distribution/11.2/repo/oss |
6 | repo-update | openSUSE-11.2-Update | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /update/11.2

Open a terminal and become su and do

zypper rr 1

then

zypper in flash-player

then

zypper up

Hi All, Thanks a lot for the replies. Bit relieved now.

We’ll take that to mean - success!