clock widgets in panel

My panel widgets refuse to show date or time. Nothing wrong with the time in the system settings, but the panel only displays 00:00 or nothing at all.

It started after a failed upgrade. I have retraced all changed, but apparently something is still missing. My problem is that I can’t figure out what package the widgets belong to, what’s missing or how they are supposed to access date/time info.

Anyone have a clue?

Sounds odd. I would check in software management that you don’t have a load of red packages.
it would be helpful if you post the result of this from a terminal:

zypper lr -d

Yes, it’s a curious problem.

Here’s my zypper lr -d:

| Alias | Name | Enabled | Refresh | Priority | Type | URI | Service

—±----------------±--------------------------±--------±--------±---------±-------±------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------±-------
1 | KDE4-desktop | KDE4-desktop | No | No | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/STABLE:/Desktop/openSUSE_11.1 |
2 | openSUSE 11.1-0 | openSUSE 11.1-0 | No | No | 99 | yast2 | cd:///?devices=/dev/sr0 |
3 | repo | NVIDIA Repository | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | http://download.nvidia.com/opensuse/11.1 |
4 | repo-debug | openSUSE-11.1-Debug | No | No | 100 | yast2 | Index of /debug/distribution/11.1/repo/oss |
5 | repo-source | openSUSE-11.1-Source | No | No | 100 | yast2 | Index of /source/distribution/11.1/repo/oss |
6 | repo-update | openSUSE-11.1-Update | Yes | Yes | 20 | rpm-md | Index of /update/11.1 |
7 | repo_1 | Main Repository (NON-OSS) | Yes | Yes | 80 | yast2 | Index of /distribution/11.1/repo/non-oss |
8 | repo_2 | Main Repository (OSS) | Yes | Yes | 80 | yast2 | Index of /distribution/11.1/repo/oss |
9 | repo_7 | VideoLan Repository | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /pub/videolan/vlc/SuSE/11.1/ |
10 | repo_8 | Packman Repository | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /pub/packman/suse/11.1 |

Change your repos as above. I have disabled Videolan as that is the best policy for multi-media, but not related to your issue.

The other changes are however related, and once done you should do an update.

Excellent!
That did it. Thanks a lot!

Btw, why do you suggest different priority on the main repositories? Is it a general recommendation or just common sense? Have I been an idiot always prefering the main repository to other sources?

happy it works now;)

When you install openSUSE the OSS and NON-OSS would have been 120, Updates would be 20. (20) Is a higher priority than 120.
But once you add build service repo’s it tends to work better if the Update and Build service priority match. Always have OSS and NON-OSS lower priority (That’s a higher number!!)

You’ve not been an idiot, just a NooB;)

cheers! great to learn something new!