KDE4.3 Beta 2 - Just Updated - How is yours?

I just updated kde4 Factory from Beta 1 to Beta 2 - Now in the repo’s.

Pretty much everything is fine as far as I can tell. Dolphin still not working with fish://
Anyone else still having issues with fish://
I’m having to use K from kde3 ATM

Tried just about everything on my laptop and it’s good.

More Updates and a roll back of a couple of core kde4 packages, changes release ver from 139 to 138
Still good for me. Except fish://

Everything’s working fine here as well. Even K3b is back to being able to rip dvd’s and transcode correctly.

Of course I’m using both a factory system and the kde 4.3 beta repos so I’m not sure if this input really indicates anything.

The only problem I have is that when I choose to shutdown or restart it goes to the login screen then I have to choose shutdown or restart from there and then it works. Not sure if this is kde or 11.2 related.

Edit: It only happens on my laptop, the desktop is fine. Also not looking for help, just giving my input.

Hi, just updated to 4.3b2,
fish is still not working, broken connection,
but sftp is working fine,

Love the quasi google-earth satellite view desktop background,

the krandr, multiple-monitors support is working too,
but still no compositing in kwin (intel945gm vga), when the multiple-monitors is enabled.

:slight_smile:

OK
In Dolphin I just went to Network
Then Add New Network Folder
Type = ssh
add details (Identical to my fish:// Place currently in D)
finish

It added a Folder xxxx in the Network Places
It works and reports as: fish://
in dolphin

My old link works too

Fish works for me in Dolphin. Without first doing other things. I just enter:
fish://username@ip-address:port
(have to add port because I always change default ssh port)
And it’s very fast.

In general latest packages are working OK. Have not yet found any serious bugs or glitches.

Just updated, but I am on 11.2 Milestone 2 - 2.6.30-rc8-6 (pae) i.e. total factory. I wanted to see if the KMix muted problem was cleared. There is a separate thread in this forum, mainly 11.1 since kernel or P/A update, but also brought in 11.2 factory where the problem started.

With this update its not muted, it’s totally ****ed. I had no sound and no Kmix on reboot. Started from terminal gives big errors and says it probably crashed – no kidding. Yast>Hardware>Sound>Other>Volume told me that Master was set at zero, so I set it and had sound. But no Kmix on trying it again – same errors. Will pick this up in the other thread.

This enabled me to play the FF 3.5 embedded video demo. It played perfectly with rock solid picture and sound, and no plugin. This version of FF appears to perform very well. :slight_smile:

I’m using it on 11.1 not a hitch! This is a beta? A KDE beta right?
Wow have they come a loooong way!

I tought i could wait till the RC comes. I can’t so currently i’m updating it to 4.3 so be ready for feedbacklol!

Yes, the signature shows it all.

So i updated to 4.3 and my keyboard stopped working. Went back 4.2 but still didn’t work so i went 4.3 again. Anyone knows a fix for this?
I tried other stuff and it worked nicely and 4.3 looks great :slight_smile:

Siminin wrote:

>
> So i updated to 4.3 and my keyboard stopped working. Went back 4.2 but
> still didn’t work so i went 4.3 again. Anyone knows a fix for this?
> I tried other stuff and it worked nicely and 4.3 looks great :slight_smile:
>
>

I’ve had a couple of keyboard problems but neither as bad as yours. The cure
to the first was to delete ~/.kde4/khotkeysrc and logoff/on. This didn’t
cure the second fault but going into YAST / Hardware / Keyboard Layout and
then altering the setup fixed the problem until I next logged out - a simple
change to the type or selection of an additional layout did the trick.

If you get the keyboard working, replace the default repository with factory
and get the latest updates. These seem to have finally cured my keyboard
problems.

Graham P Davis, Bracknell, Berks., UK. E-mail: newsman not newsboy
“I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.”

Am, still not working. Can’t figure out why. I tried searching in the documentation but couldn’t find a solution.

You don’t have an xorg repo or anything do you? check for any xorg updates ideally it would be xorg-x11-drivers-input

My limited understanding is X will load the evdev module, then hal will load the rules. How this all fits in with the yast tools and xorg.conf I’ve not managed to find out, and I still have the up arrow deciding its is printscreen, and not working any where else.

Also are you sure it isn’t the keyboard that has gone. Then if you are, are you sure you went back ok. I find the best way of going back is with zypper dup after disabling the repo’s.

No xorg repo. And my keyboard is working under Gnome. I used zypper dup to upgrade, downgrade and then upgrade again. Its KDE thing IMO because Gnome and icewm work:\

I would try a new .kde4 to see what happens - Just for experiments sake.
If it’s OK after that, we can look into using your old settings back but not the corrupted part.

Well I would try a reset of the .kde files exactly which one can’t help(I’m waiting for kde4.4 though they may have lost me).

You could test with a new user or rename and try to work out exactly which one it is.

So I should delete .kde4, shouldn’t I? This doesn’t sound right:\

Either create a test user and see, OR move .kde4 to .kde4.saved and try.